Tuesday 14 May 2013

Hormones, hysterics and hilarity...



Aren't hormones fun? I think I can safely say that pretty much every woman alive has had a ridiculous hormonal outburst for absolutely no good reason at some point in her life, and pregnancy just throws that whole hot mess into a completely new level of craziness!

I'm a cheery, happy, level headed person, but when I think back to some of the hormonal outbursts I've had during pregnancy, I have to laugh! Once, when I was expecting Daisy, I was washing dishes in the kitchen and I burst into tears. My mum was there and asked what was wrong.
I said "It's not bubbly"
She replied, "What's not bubbly?"
I threw a cup into the water and shouted "The WATER!!! It's not BUBBLY ENOUGH!!!!!", then burst into big snotty sobs and sat on the floor crying uncontrollably. Because my dishwater wasn't bubbly enough.

Last night, I had an epic hormonal outburst because we were watching a programme about a really poor council estate, and Steve joked (Joked - I knew he was joking!) that it made our town look posh. Cue me in floods of tears because I didn't want him thinking I'd ruined his life by not living in a super posh town and having loads of money! I know for a fact that none of that matters to either of us, but Crazy Lady hormones made me ridiculously upset over a harmless joke. Honestly, I feel sorry for blokes sometimes....

This morning, I woke up feeling absolutely fine and decided to ask on my pregnancy FB group for other women's stories about hormonal outbursts, just to prove to myself that I'm not the only one who turns into a basket case towards the end of pregnancy! Well, mission accomplished. Here are the results....



" My oh came in from work and I'd said we needed to go shopping and I wasn't going on my own and he was like, 'what we doing then? C'mon you're not even ready!' And I was sat there ready to go with my bag right next to me, I of course took this as he didnt want to go an I was expected to do it all myself so I said as much whilst bursting into tears and slamming all the doors on my way out saying 'I'd do it myself and carry all the shopping on my own then!' "

"I  was going out for tea and OH told me I hadn't blended bronzer in, then said I had something on my tooth. Cue me shouting that he didn't need to pick up on all these imperfections and throwing my hand bag across car at him. He laughed for ages!"



I've had a few outrageously hormonal moments since being pregnant which i look back on with pure embarrassment now!
- Throwing the remote control at hubby as i screamed and cried at him that if he went to a pub quiz with his friends where "that whore" 
would be then i would divorce him... (that whore is actually a good friend of ours who is no threat to me at all, and is very happily engaged to her fiance. I had literally no reason for my tantrum, my poor husband was SO confused)

-When i sat and cried on DHs shoulder because i discovered that all my comfy pants were in the wash, the world was clearly against me and wanted me to suffer in my lesser comfy pants.

- When i didn't have the energy to brush my wet hair after a shower, so threw myself on the bed and cried into a pillow until he came upstairs and brushed it for me, while he made the similar sort of coo-ing "there there" sounds that you would usually only make to a wild animal in distress.

As i said, ridiculous! x"



 "When I was about 20 weeks pregnant I called my husband while he was working away in hysterics because the smoke alarm was beeping and needed the battery changing and I had managed to change it and it still wouldn't stop! Drove me absolutely mental! He panicked and thought I was in pain as I couldn't actually talk to him, i just cried and snivelled, haha! x"

I got a gorgeous roast dinner ready. Took me ages and was a lot of effort as I was really tired and sore. Got it into the oven and cooked for 1hr when I discovered we'd run out of gas for the cooker. Dinner couldnt be saved and I cried as I ate sandwiches instead."



I think the worst for me was when I was in the car (DH was driving) and in the middle of nowhere I decided I wanted Costa coffee. As there I was no where to get one from I started wailing 'I want my mummy!' (I'm 38)!!! DH just looked at me and said 'oh not now!'"

"I had a bit of a cry in bakers as they had no chicken bakes left  haven't been back since!"

Ahh, so glad I'm not the only one! Poor, poor men having to put up with us randomly going mental over nothing. Feel free to share your stories of Crazy Lady moments, I'm off to sob into my tea because it's not sweet enough....

No comments:

Post a Comment