Friday 3 May 2013

The Final Countdown - 5 weeks to go!


Gestation: 34 weeks

I'm feeling: It's been a good week, I had one day where I had a really bad headache and was feeling rubbish, but I keep overdoing things - trying to declutter and generally taking on more than I need to!
Baby has wedged itself under my ribcage, so I'm pretty short of breath at the moment, late pregnancy joys! Apart from that, general tiredness and feeling a bit slow and heavy, but it's all to be expected!
Emotionally, doing really well, no hormonal outbursts this week, thank goodness! I haven't reached that crazy-lady, fed up, get-this-child-out-of-my-body stage yet, I'm still enjoying being pregnant and happy to wait a while longer!

I'm eating: Lots of ice lollies - feeling very hot and thirsty most of the time, despite the fact that we're still in the longest winter ever and it's mostly freezing outside! It's a worry if I'm down to my last Twister in the freezer, need a constant supply!

Baby prep: Hospital bag is nearly packed, the only thing I still need is a jacket or cardigan for Baby Widders, but I want to find out whether I need a pink or blue one, so buying a going home outfit can be a job for Steve after the little one makes an appearance! We still don't have a cot mattress yet, oops!
Our pram is due to be delivered in two weeks, and the very lovely Grandma and Grandad Widden have ordered us a Sleepyhead Pod, which we can't wait to use, it looks amazing!
Also this week, I bought breastmilk storage bags, lanolin cream, a snugglebundl blanket and this amazing changing bag...

Busy shopping week!
I've also been busy crocheting, and I've made a blanket for the pram. Our pram is purple, so I made a purple, blue and white stripy pram blanket...
I'm really proud of it! Now I need a new project, what to make next? I'll have to get online today and see what I can find to make, it's so addictive and a great way to fill the next few weeks!
Any suggestions for cool crochet projects will be most welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment