Thursday 30 January 2014

Keeping it real


I know, I haven't updated this thing in, well, AGES. Amelie is now 7 months old. 7! She's practically a teenager. Look at her, standing up, all "I'm a big girl, I don't need help!". I tell thee, she'll be one to watch. She loves being independent!
So, yes, my teeny tiny baby is growing at a rate of knots, and where I previously looked back at my pregnancy with relief in a "Thank god that's over!" kind of way, now I'm weeping over people's scan photos and pregnancy announcements on facebook. Crazy, isn't it? I think that's how nature works, once a reasonable amount of time has passed (I KNOW, 7 months is not a reasonable time, just smile and nod), you start forgetting the backache and the insomnia (although HELLO, I have a baby who isn't even close to sleeping through, I'm right there with the sleepless nights), and you start "Aww"ing at those fuzzy little scan photos and remembering how awesome it is to grow a whole person inside you without even doing much.
Anyway. I digress. Teeny baby - not quite so teeny any more, but still truly amazing, she learns new things every day and it's all so exciting.
The other kids are doing fine, Daisy is in that little girl phase of falling out with friends, then making up, then falling out, then making up. I don't know if I'm coming or going with her, but it totally brings back memories of my childhood!
Charlie has reached full Tweendom - that awkward, in between phase of not being a child, but not quite a teenager. He lives for Minecraft, to the point where I'm seriously considering taking the power cable from his computer and hiding it under my mattress at night. He'd seriously play that game all night long if I let him.
So yes, I have plenty keeping me going, which I guess is the main reason I haven't been blogging, but must make more time for it.
Lots of changes coming up in the next few months - we are currently saving to move to another house...much as we love living here, our family  is busy and chaotic, and sometimes it's just too much, too many people under one roof, too many animals, too much noise. Plus, we're independent people, we'd like to live in a house that we've chosen, and have a fresh start bringing our family up in a house that neither of us have lived in before.
I've also applied to train as a Humanist Celebrant, initially doing funerals, but hoping to eventually conduct weddings and naming ceremonies as well.
Onwards and upwards!
Must get back into writing again, I constantly have ideas for things I'd like to write about, and as much as I'd like to whine that I just never get the chance (which I often don't), it's a case of making time.
Anyway - that's it. I'm back woo hoo! Hopefully the next post will be slightly more inspiring than this one - we are in the middle of a teething rollercoaster at the moment and my sleep deprived brain can't think of anything terribly interesting or witty to write, but the important thing is to keep on keeping on, and hope that you'll keep on keeping on with me.
You will, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment