Friday 21 March 2014

An anniversary to remember

As we all know, on 2nd March, 2012, I went on The Best First Date In The History Of All First Dates. It was one of those proper Hollywood soulmate moments, the kind you never thought existed until they happen to you, when the very second you meet someone, it feels like coming home.
I looked at him and thought "Oh, there you are. I've been looking for you".
We always said that as it was such a special date, we would have to find a very special way of marking it each year.

So, on our first anniversary, this happened...


What, isn't that how everybody celebrates their first anniversary? See, we're super efficient, by getting married on the anniversary of us meeting, we only ever have one date to remember. Clever, right?

So, this year, on our first wedding anniversary and second year anniversary, we celebrated by going back to the place we were married, courtesy of Steve's lovely parents. The beautiful Pittodrie House...


It was wonderful to have a whole night to ourselves, and be properly treated to a fancy meal and a nice room, as well as reliving the happy memories of our day last year.
I was even more excited, because I had a very special surprise for Steve...
We had written each other letters, which we'll continue to do every year and keep them in a memory box. Steve had bought me a gorgeous Pandora charm for my bracelet, and some chocolates and a scratchcard (I'm a sucker for a scratchcard).
I had given him a large frame full of photos from our wedding, plus a wooden memory box with some wedding mementoes in.
His biggest surprise, however, was a small black box wrapped in ribbon, which held inside it a positive pregnancy test!


Yup, his face kind of looked like that! In all honesty, we were hoping to have another baby very soon after Amelie, so it wasn't that much of a shock, but the timing couldn't have been more perfect! I'm so glad I found out right before our anniversary, so I could tell him in such a fun way!
So, how did he react? Well, we hugged, we cried, we said "No way!" and "Oh my god!" a lot, and we giggled, and kissed, and talked about how ridiculously lucky, and grateful we are.
Honestly, if someone had told me that by the age of 34, I'd be married to my soulmate, with my much treasured fourth child on the way, I'd have thought it was a joke. I will never stop being thankful for these blessings.

So there we go, baby number four! Just goes to show that no matter how hard things may seem, the good always outweighs the bad, and never puts us off doing it all over again. Meh, sleep is overrated anyway...

I guess the big question is, how on earth will we celebrate our anniversary next year???

The room we were married in a year ago. Just like last year, there are three of us in this picture!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment