Thursday 18 April 2013

Baby Widders


I wish I could find the words to describe how much this baby means to us, but I think they'd all fall short!
For both of us, we thought we'd missed the boat on the baby thing. My youngest was away to school and I was single in my early 30s, so I doubted if it would ever happen again. Steve was 39 when we met, and circumstances meant that it had never happened for him, so he assumed he'd missed his chance.
I remember saying to him that it was a shame he'd not had kids of his own, because he was so natural with mine, and he said he had always wanted to be a dad, and still did. Well, I was nowhere near finished in terms of having kids, so it was clear from very early on that we would both be delighted to have a baby together.
I'll never forget his face when I proudly showed him the positive test six months into our relationship. We'd only just started trying, so neither of us expected anything so soon! He just kept grinning, saying "Oh my God!", stroking my face and telling me how amazing I was and how much he loved me. It was such a special moment.

This baby is so adored and wanted, by all of us. S/he will be a link that bonds us all even more, an actual physical part of me, Steve, Charlie, Daisy, and all of our parents and siblings. Our family is so close, and our baby will be born into so much love. S/he will never be short of arms to cuddle, playmates and smooshy kisses, we just can't wait!
We absolutely appreciate how lucky we are to be having this little bunny, and even the least comfortable parts of pregnancy are embraced with open arms. We couldn't be happier or luckier, and we will be meeting our baby soon, it's going to be amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Awww Jodie I've been re-reading all your posts so far & I feel all choked up & happy after reading this again. :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete