Monday 22 April 2013

The Final Countdown - 7 weeks to go!


Gestation: 32 weeks

I'm feeling: This week has been pretty uncomfortable! The baby has started getting kinda cramped in there I think, so occasionally does this thing where s/he curls up into my ribs and then suddenly stretches out, it's like s/he's trying to jump out! Owwww....
Also getting quite sore round the groin area, especially when I stand up after sitting/lying down, lots of pressure and discomfort, but it's all part of late pregnancy and I'm definitely not complaining!
Hormone wise, I've been pretty stable this week, no major tearfests or anything. There was one day when I was feeling unnaturally irritated and hot and felt myself getting impatient and snappy, but I realised what I was doing and took myself away for a few minutes and gave myself a shake! My loved ones don't need to deal with grumpiness, so I'm glad I have the insight to keep that side of things to myself.
Other than that, I'm happy, excited and tired!

I'm eating: lots of sugar cravings this week, so a good amount of chocolate and ice lollies, and I had a craving for coca cola, although I'm trying to rein that in because fizzy drinks tend to give me horrible heartburn.

Baby prep: Another pretty busy week here, I've bought a few more bits for the hospital bag, and tie dyed some baby clothes, I'll save that for another post! I know there's still a good few weeks to go, but I'd rather have the bag ready to go just in case!
Pram and car seat are due to be delivered in 14th may, can't wait :)

So, that's another week done! In some ways, I'm getting impatient because I just want to meet my baby, but in others, I'm just enjoying these last few weeks. With both kids at school, I'm getting loads of time to crochet, rest, take naps and read, and I know it'll be a looooong time before I can have that much free time again!
As long as this little bunny is wriggling around and growing happily inside me, I've no reason to rush things, the next 7 weeks will fly by, I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment