Friday 5 April 2013

The Final Countdown - 9 weeks to go!!!


Gestation: 30 weeks

I am feeling: Restless! Nesting instinct has kicked in big time, and everywhere I look, there are dusty corners, crooked pictures and smears on windows. Every time I sit down, I get an urge to get up again and clean something! I've bought a new steam cleaner thingy, so everything that stays still for long enough gets the crap steamed out of it. I know I need to relax a bit, once Baby Widders is here, I know I'll have days where I'll just be lucky to get the beds made and take a shower, but for the moment, I'm keeping myself busy making sure everything is pristine.
Wishing I didn't feel quite so anxious about messes though, I'm not normally like this so it must be pregnancy related. The other day, I even found myself in floods of tears for no other reason than because I felt like I hadn't done enough for the day. I do have a bit of a strange phobia of wasting time, which I try hard to keep under control, but some days I do find myself feeling panicky if it's past lunchtime and I haven't done what I'd deem to be "enough". silly really, but it's just one of my quirks!
Other than that, feeling fine physically and enjoying having the kids at home for the easter holidays. They've been content to be pretty house and garded based this week, which I appreciate, but next week, I'll try to get them out and about more.

I'm eating: lots of wholemeal toast with tons of butter this week, I'll be cutting that down once Baby is here though! Also still loving lots of soft fruit, like grapes, melon and mango, and getting the odd chocolate craving.

Highs and lows: High points this week - there have been loads! Spending time with the kids, Steve and I had a lovely day cleaning Doris ready for camping season, spending easter dinner with my lovely family, getting in touch with friends, nearly finished my crochet blanket...all in all, a very good week!
Low points - just that one day of anxiety where I was getting myself upset for no real reason, damned hormones!

Baby Prep: All I've done in the past week is order some muslins, but tomorrow, we plan to go and look at prams! Also need to start researching bits and bobs for washable nappy use, and possibly start washing some clothes and things. Planning in the next couple of weeks to start batch cooking for the freezer, making lists of what to put in hospital bags, and declutter the house even more so I can take a couple of weeks off before the birth.

Only 9 weeks to go, can't believe it! In some ways, it only seems like yesterday that we made the decision to try for a baby "soon", and in other ways, it feels like I've been pregnant forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment